Creation of the Quiche
Due to the recent theft of my camera and my almost miserable existance because of it, I've tried to find other ways to use my cell phone camera to pass the time until I get a new camera. This lead to an idea to put two things I love to do into one project. And so....

Now you want to begin your egg mixture. Fresh eggs from the chickens at my office, organic milk and flour, some grated Colby and Montarey cheeses. And don't forget the Tony Chachere's. I prefer the salt free version, but the regular is good too.
Wisk, wisk, wisk...

The Creation of the Quiche is born...
Creating a quiche is a simple process which requires just a little time and effort to end with a scrumptious dish appropriate for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This is just one version, but you can create your own version with your favorite ingredients.
Begin by chunking the vegetables the way you would if you were making a soup! Large! And don't forget to save your compostables for the compost pile or worm bin.
Nothing makes the process easy like a really good paring knife.
Next you cook them in a little Mongolian Fire Oil and Olive oil. Slowly though. You want to get them to the point right before the onions start to turn clear. Then you throw in the tomatoes and spinach, if you are using it, or any other ingredient, like mushrooms or shrimp.
When it is ready, it will look like this. Don't over cook it. Remember, it will continue to cook when it is in the pie...in the oven!

Now you want to begin your egg mixture. Fresh eggs from the chickens at my office, organic milk and flour, some grated Colby and Montarey cheeses. And don't forget the Tony Chachere's. I prefer the salt free version, but the regular is good too.
Always crack the eggs in a cup one at a time. One bad egg can spoil the entire mixture if you don't do this.


Add some Tony's and milk. Also salt if you use it, unless you use regular Tony's, as it is plenty salty enough on its own.
Wisk, wisk, wisk...

Add a little organic whole wheat flour will help your quiche to be more fluffy. If you prefer it more egg-y, just skip this part.
Sprinkle half of the grated cheese mixture in the bottom of the two pie shells. These are store bought shells and seem to work just fine. Pillsbury makes a few different types. I'm still convinced that whole wheat crust is the way to go, but the store I was in didn't have them. So here we are...be sure to keep half of the cheese mixture for later.
Using a slotted spoon, scoop the vegetables into the pie crusts and spread it out evenly, at least half way up the crust.

If you have left over veggies, like I did, you can use them to make a nice soup, later, by adding some potatoes to it and cooking it a little longer.

If you have left over veggies, like I did, you can use them to make a nice soup, later, by adding some potatoes to it and cooking it a little longer.
Put a sprinkle of the cheese mixture over the top of the vegetables, leaving a little for later, to top it off after the quiche has begun to brown.
Pour in the egg mixture.
Don't over fill them, but be sure to get close to the edge, as quiche has a tendancy to fall. I bake them slowly at 300 degrees, which allows the egg to rise, yet keeps the crust from getting too dark. Make sure you sprinkle what is left of the cheese mixture on the top once they start to brown.
Looks like they are done! If you are going to store them in the fridge for later, or send them off to friends or family, I'd cook them until they are slightly golden and then instruct the receiver to heat them on 350 degrees (in an already heated oven) for 15 - 20 minutes, watching it carefully.
Once this soup is cooked, you can serve it as a side with your quiche...if you like.
Hope you enjoy it!
Let me know how your's turns out!
Bon Appetit!














Comments